Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle Blog

July 16, 2015

The Makeup Show NYC 2015 #TMSNYC

Okay, okay, so I know I'm MUEY late with this post, but still wanted to get it up on the blog.  I look forward to attending the Makeup Show in New York every year.  This one was no different.  There was a different vibe this year, and that may be because I was almost kicked off the line?

I've been attending this show for the past ten years. I missed one year because I was uber pregnant and uber tired.  I was one of the first bloggers/vloggers to do press for the show (I believe one of the first to do video press complete with interviews).  I'm a marketing manager by day, so everyone and their mama who never heard of the show, knew from me. I took a break from the blogging world to have the baby I was waiting on for seven years and since there was no post or press that year, I was kicked off the TMSNYC's press list.  No problem. I still supported in the years after and my hubby has been buying my tickets as my pre-Mother's day gift.  This year a few workers of the show took time to check credentials of everyone on the line, that was wrapped around 18th street and I was a business card away from not being let in.  Now, I was under the impression that the show was for beauty enthusiasts, industry professionals and makeup artists. If the show is now only exclusive to MUA's, then this should have been stated clearly beforehand on the site, as they had no problem taking my husband's money. Needless to say, I was very disappointed this year and I wanted to vent because I'm as loyal as they get and I don't believe in slighting your loyal supporters. Understandably, they don't owe me anything...I'm just saying.


Eventhough the incident left a negative taste in my mouth, I still went forward with posting a video on my haul from the show (see below).  Makeup will always be one of my first loves, I just may have to move on to IMATS or possibly create my own....hmmmmm.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig